31. Wa-itha tutla AAalayhim ayatuna qaloo qad samiAAna law nashao laqulna mithla
hatha in hatha illa asateeru al-awwaleen
31. When Our Signs are rehearsed to them, they say: "We have heard this (before): if we
wished, we could say (words) like these: these are nothing but tales of the ancients."
32. Wa-ith qaloo allahumma in kana hatha huwa alhaqqa min AAindika faamtir
AAalayna hijaratan mina a
ssama-i awi i/tina biAAathabin aleem
32. Remember how they said: "O Allah if this is indeed the Truth from Thee, rain down
on us a shower of stones form the sky, or send us a grievous penalty."
33. Wama kana Allahu liyuAAaththibahum waanta feehim wama kana Allahu
muAAaththibahum wahum yastaghfiroon
33. But Allah was not going to send them a penalty whilst thou wast amongst them; nor
was He going to send it whilst they could ask for pardon.www.islamicbulletin.com