22. WaAAalayha waAAala alfulki tuhmaloon
22. An on them, as well as in ships, ye ride.
Section 2 (23-32)
23. Walaqad arsalna noohan ila qawmihi faqala ya qawmi oAAbudoo Allaha ma lakum
min ilahin ghayruhu afala tattaqoon
23. (Further, We sent a long line of prophets for your instruction). We sent Noah to his
people: He said, "O my people! worship Allah. Ye have no other god but Him. Will ye
not fear (Him)?"
24. Faqala almalao allatheena kafaroo min qawmihi ma hatha illa basharun mithlukum
yureedu an yatafaddala AAalaykum walaw shaa Allahu laanzala mala-ikatan ma
samiAAna bihatha fee aba-ina al-awwaleen
24. The chiefs of the Unbelievers among his people said: "He is no more than a man like
yourselves: his wish is to assert his superiority over you: if Allah had wished (to send
messengers), He could have sent down angels; never did we hear such a thing (as he
says), among our ancestors of old."www.islamicbulletin.com