38. Hunalika daAAa zakariyya rabbahu qala rabbi hab lee min ladunka thurriyyatan
tayyibatan innaka sameeAAu a
38. There did Zakariya pray to his Lord, saying: "O my Lord! Grant unto me from Thee a
progeny that is pure: for Thou art He that heareth prayer!
39. Fanadat-hu almala-ikatu wahuwa qa-imun yusallee fee almihrabi anna Allaha
yubashshiruka biyahya musaddiqan bikalimatin mina Allahi wasayyidan wahasooran
wanabiyyan mina a
39. While he was standing in prayer in the chamber, the angels called unto him: "(Allah)
doth give thee glad tidings of Yahya, witnessing the truth of a Word from Allah, and (be
besides) noble, chaste, and a prophet,- of the (goodly) company of the righteous."
40. Qala rabbi anna yakoonu lee ghulamun waqad balaghaniya alkibaru wa
AAaqirun qala kathalika Allahu yafAAalu ma yasha/