44. FaAAataw AAan amri rabbihim faakhathat-humu a
ssaAAiqatu wahum yan
44. But they insolently defied the Command of their Lord: So the stunning noise (of an
earthquake) seized them, even while they were looking on.
45. Fama istataAAoo min qiyamin wama kanoo muntasireen
45. Then they could not even stand (on their feet), nor could they help themselves.
46. Waqawma noohin min qablu innahum kanoo qawman fasiqeen
46. So were the People of Noah before them for they wickedly transgressed.
Section 3 (47-60)
ssamaa banaynaha bi-aydin wa-inna lamoosiAAoon
47. With power and skill did We construct the Firmament: for it is We Who create the
vastness of pace.www.islamicbulletin.com