5. The similitude of those who were charged with the (obligations of the) Mosaic Law,
but who subsequently failed in those (obligations), is that of a donkey which carries huge
tomes (but understands them not). Evil is the similitude of people who falsify the Signs of
Allah. and Allah guides not people who do wrong.
6. Qul ya ayyuha allatheena hadoo in zaAAamtum annakum awliyao lillahi min dooni
nnasi fatamannawoo almawta in kuntum sadiqeen
6. Say: "O ye that stand on Judaism! If ye think that ye are friends to Allah, to the
exclusion of (other) men, then express your desire for Death, if ye are truthful!"
7. Wala yatamannawnahu abadan bima qaddamat aydeehim wa
7. But never will they express their desire (for Death), because of the (deeds) their hands
have sent on before them! and Allah knows well those that do wrong!
8. Qul inna almawta allathee tafirroona minhu fa-innahu mulaqeekum thumma
turaddoona ila AAalimi alghaybi wa
shshahadati fayunabbi-okum bima kuntum