49. And remember, We delivered you from the people of Pharaoh: They set you hard
tasks and punishments, slaughtered your sons and let your women-folk live; therein was a
tremendous trial from your Lord.
50. Wa-ith faraqna bikumu albahra faanjaynakum waaghraqna ala firAAawna waantum
50. And remember We divided the sea for you and saved you and drowned Pharaoh's
people within your very sight.
51. Wa-ith waAAadna moosa arbaAAeena laylatan thumma ittakhathtumu alAAijla min
51. And remember We appointed forty nights for Moses, and in his absence ye took the
calf (for worship), and ye did grievous wrong.
52. Thumma AAafawna AAankum min baAAdi thalika laAAallakum tashkuroon
52. Even then We did forgive you; there was a chance for you to be grateful.www.islamicbulletin.com