53. Wa-ith atayna moosa alkitaba wa
lfurqana laAAallakum tahtadoon
53. And remember We gave Moses the Scripture and the Criterion (Between right and
wrong): There was a chance for you to be guided aright.
54. Wa-ith qala moosa liqawmihi ya qawmi innakum
ttikhathikumu alAAijla fatooboo ila bari-ikum fa
qtuloo anfusakum thalikum khayrun
lakum AAinda bari-ikum fataba AAalaykum innahu huwa a
54. And remember Moses said to his people: "O my people! Ye have indeed wronged
yourselves by your worship of the calf: So turn (in repentance) to your Maker, and slay
yourselves (the wrong-doers); that will be better for you in the sight of your Maker."
Then He turned towards you (in forgiveness): For He is Oft-Returning, Most Merciful.
55. Wa-ith qultum ya moosa lan nu/mina laka hatta nara Allaha jahratan faakhathatkumu
ssaAAiqatu waantum tan
55. And remember ye said: "O Moses! We shall never believe in thee until we see Allah
manifestly," but ye were dazed with thunder and lighting even as ye looked on.
56. Thumma baAAathnakum min baAAdi mawtikum laAAallakum tashkuroon