43. Falawla ith jaahum ba/suna tadarraAAoo walakin qasat quloobuhum wazayyana
shshaytanu ma kanoo yaAAmaloon
43. When the suffering reached them from us, why then did they not learn humility? On
the contrary their hearts became hardened, and Satan made their (sinful) acts seem
alluring to them.
44. Falamma nasoo ma thukkiroo bihi fatahna AAalayhim abwaba kulli shay-in hatta itha
farihoo bima ootoo akhathnahum baghtatan fa-itha hum mublisoon
44. But when they forgot the warning they had received, We opened to them the gates of
all (good) things, until, in the midst of their enjoyment of Our gifts, on a sudden, We
called them to account, when lo! they were plunged in despair!
45. FaqutiAAa dabiru alqawmi allatheena
lhamdu lillahi rabbi
45. Of the wrong-doers the last remnant was cut off. Praise be to God, the Cherisher of