35. Wa-in kana kabura AAalayka iAAraduhum fa-ini istataAAta an tabtaghiya nafaqan
fee al-ardi aw sullaman fee a
ssama-i fata/tiyahum bi-ayatin walaw shaa Allahu
lajamaAAahum AAala alhuda fala takoonanna mina aljahileen
35. If their spurning is hard on thy mind, yet if thou wert able to seek a tunnel in the
ground or a ladder to the skies and bring them a sign,- (what good?). If it were God's will,
He could gather them together unto true guidance: so be not thou a mongst those who are
swayed by ignorance (and impatience)!
36. Innama yastajeebu allatheena yasmaAAoona wa
lmawta yabAAathuhumu Allahu
thumma ilayhi yurjaAAoon
36. Those who listen (in truth), be sure, will accept: as to the dead, God will raise them
up; then will they be turned unto Him.
37. Waqaloo lawla nuzzila AAalayhi ayatun min rabbihi qul inna Allaha qadirun AAala
an yunazzila ayatan walakinna aktharahum la yaAAlamoon