38. Qala ya ayyuha almalao ayyukum ya/teenee biAAarshiha qabla an ya/toonee
38. He said (to his own men): "Ye chiefs! which of you can bring me her throne before
they come to me in submission?"
39. Qala AAifreetun mina aljinni ana ateeka bihi qabla an taqooma min maqamika wa-
inne AAalayhi laqawiyyun ameen
39. Said an 'Ifrit, of the Jinns: "I will bring it to thee before thou rise from thy council:
indeed I have full strength for the purpose, and may be trusted."
40. Qala allathee AAindahu AAilmun mina alkitabi ana ateeka bihi qabla an yartadda
ilayka tarfuka falamma raahu mustaqirran AAindahu qala hatha min fadli rabbee
liyabluwanee aashkuru am akfuru waman shakara fa-innama yashkuru linafsihi waman
kafara fa-inna rabbee ghaniyyun kareem
40. Said one who had knowledge of the Book: "I will bring it to thee within the twinkling
of an eye!" Then when (Solomon) saw it placed firmly before him, he said: "This is by
the Grace of my Lord!- to test me whether I am grateful or ungrateful! and if any is
grateful, truly his gratitude is (a gain) for his own soul; but if any is ungrateful, truly my
Lord is Free of all Needs, Supreme in Honour !"www.islamicbulletin.com