46. Qala ya qawmi lima tastaAAjiloona bi
ssayyi-ati qabla alhasanati lawla
tastaghfiroona Allaha laAAallakum turhamoon
46. He said: "O my people! why ask ye to hasten on the evil in preference to the good? If
only ye ask Allah for forgiveness, ye may hope to receive mercy.
47. Qaloo ittayyarna bika wabiman maAAaka qala ta-irukum AAinda Allahi bal antum
47. They said: "Ill omen do we augur from thee and those that are with thee". He said:
"Your ill omen is with Allah. yea, ye are a people under trial."
48. Wakana fee almadeenati tisAAatu rahtin yufsidoona fee al-ardi wala yuslihoon
48. There were in the city nine men of a family, who made mischief in the land, and
would not reform.
49. Qaloo taqasamoo bi
llahi lanubayyitannahu waahlahu thumma lanaqoolanna
liwaliyyihi ma shahidna mahlika ahlihi wa-inna lasadiqoon