18. WajaAAalna baynahum wabayna alqura allatee barakna feeha quran
waqaddarna feeha a
ssayra seeroo feeha layaliya waayyaman amineen
18. Between them and the Cities on which We had poured our blessings, We had placed
Cities in prominent positions, and between them We had appointed stages of journey in
due proportion: "Travel therein, secure, by night and by day."
19. Faqaloo rabbana baAAid bayna asfarina wa
alamoo anfusahum fajaAAalnahum
ahadeetha wamazzaqnahum kulla mumazzaqin inna fee thalika laayatin likulli sabbarin
19. But they said: "Our Lord! Place longer distances between our journey- stages": but
they wronged themselves (therein). At length We made them as a tale (that is told), and
We dispersed them all in scattered fragments. Verily in this are Signs for every (soul that
is) patiently constant and grateful.
20. Walaqad saddaqa AAalayhim ibleesu
ttabaAAoohu illa fareeqan mina
20. And on them did Satan prove true his idea, and they followed him, all but a party that