48. Wayaqooloona mata hatha alwaAAdu in kuntum sadiqeen
48. They say: "When will this promise come to pass,- if ye speak the truth?"
49. Qul la amliku linafsee darran wala nafAAan illa ma shaa Allahu likulli ommatin
ajalun itha jaa ajaluhum fala yasta/khiroona saAAatan wala yastaqdimoon
49. Say: "I have no power over any harm or profit to myself except as Allah willeth. To
every people is a term appointed: when their term is reached, not an hour can they cause
delay, nor (an hour) can they advance (it in anticipation)."
50. Qul araaytum in atakum AAathabuhu bayatan aw naharan matha yastaAAjilu minhu
50. Say: "Do ye see,- if His punishment should come to you by night or by day,- what
portion of it would the sinners wish to hasten?www.islamicbulletin.com