7. If ye did well, ye did well for yourselves; if ye did evil, (ye did it) against yourselves.
So when the second of the warnings came to pass, (We permitted your enemies) to
disfigure your faces, and to enter your Temple as they had entered it before, and to visit
with destruction all that fell into their power.
8. AAasa rabbukum an yarhamakum wa-in AAudtum AAudna wajaAAalna jahannama
8. It may be that your Lord may (yet) show Mercy unto you; but if ye revert (to your
sins), We shall revert (to Our punishments): And we have made Hell a prison for those
who reject (all Faith).
9. Inna hatha alqur-ana yahdee lillatee hiya aqwamu wayubashshiru almu/mineena
allatheena yaAAmaloona a
ssalihati anna lahum ajran kabeera
9. Verily this Qur'an doth guide to that which is most right (or stable), and giveth the
Glad Tidings to the Believers who work deeds of righteousness, that they shall have a
10. Waanna allatheena la yu/minoona bi
l-akhirati aAAtadna lahum AAathaban aleema