87. Qaloo ma akhlafna mawAAidaka bimalkina walakinna hummilna awzaran min
zeenati alqawmi faqathafnaha fakathalika alqa a
87. They said: "We broke not the promise to thee, as far as lay in our power: but we were
made to carry the weight of the ornaments of the (whole) people, and we threw them
(into the fire), and that was what the Samiri suggested.
88. Faakhraja lahum AAijlan jasadan lahu khuwarun faqaloo hatha ilahukum wa-ilahu
88. "Then he brought out (of the fire) before the (people) the image of a calf: It seemed to
low: so they said: This is your god, and the god of Moses, but (Moses) has forgotten!"
89. Afala yarawna alla yarjiAAu ilayhim qawlan wala yamliku lahum darran wala
89. Could they not see that it could not return them a word (for answer), and that it had
no power either to harm them or to do them good?
Section 5 (90-104)www.islamicbulletin.com