132. Enjoin prayer on thy people, and be constant therein. We ask thee not to provide
sustenance: We provide it for thee. But the (fruit of) the Hereafter is for righteousness.
133. Waqaloo lawla ya/teena bi-ayatin min rabbihi awa lam ta/tihim bayyinatu ma fee
133. They say: "Why does he not bring us a sign from his Lord?" Has not a Clear Sign
come to them of all that was in the former Books of revelation?
134. Walaw anna ahlaknahum biAAathabin min qablihi laqaloo rabbana lawla arsalta
ilayna rasoolan fanattabiAAa ayatika min qabli an nathilla wanakhza
134. And if We had inflicted on them a penalty before this, they would have said: "Our
Lord! If only Thou hadst sent us an apostle, we should certainly have followed Thy Signs
before we were humbled and put to shame."
135. Qul kullun mutarabbisun fatarabbasoo fasataAAlamoona man as-habu a
ssawiyyi wamani ihtadawww.islamicbulletin.com