19. Fatabassama dahikan min qawliha waqala rabbi awziAAnee an ashkura niAAmataka
allatee anAAamta AAalayya waAAala walidayya waan aAAmala salihan tardahu
waadkhilnee birahmatika fee AAibadika a
19. So he smiled, amused at her speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may
be grateful for Thy favours, which thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that
I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: And admit me, by Thy Grace, to the
ranks of Thy righteous Servants."
20. Watafaqqada a
ttayra faqala ma liya la ara alhudhuda am kana mina algha-ibeen
20. And he took a muster of the Birds; and he said: "Why is it I see not the Hoopoe? Or is
he among the absentees?
21. LaoAAaththibannahu AAathaban shadeedan aw laathbahannahu aw laya/tiyannee
21. "I will certainly punish him with a severe penalty, or execute him, unless he bring me
a clear reason (for absence)."
22. Famakatha ghayra baAAeedin faqala ahattu bima lam tuhit bihi waji/tuka min saba-in