37. "But construct an Ark under Our eyes and Our inspiration, and address Me no
(further) on behalf of those who are in sin: for they are about to be overwhelmed (in the
38. WayasnaAAu alfulka wakullama marra AAalayhi malaon min qawmihi sakhiroo
minhu qala in taskharoo minna fa-inna naskharu minkum kama taskharoon
38. Forthwith he (starts) constructing the Ark: Every time that the chiefs of his people
passed by him, they threw ridicule on him. He said: "If ye ridicule us now, we (in our
turn) can look down on you with ridicule likewise!
39. Fasawfa taAAlamoona man ya/teehi AAathabun yukhzeehi wayahillu AAalayhi
39. "But soon will ye know who it is on whom will descend a penalty that will cover
them with shame,- on whom will be unloosed a penalty lasting:"
40. Hatta itha jaa amruna wafara a
ttannooru qulna ihmil feeha min kullin zawjayni
ithnayni waahlaka illa man sabaqa AAalayhi alqawlu waman amana wama amana
maAAahu illa qaleel