68. Kaan lam yaghnaw feeha ala inna thamooda kafaroo rabbahum ala buAAdan
68. As if they had never dwelt and flourished there. Ah! Behold! for the Thamud rejected
their Lord and Cherisher! Ah! Behold! removed (from sight) were the Thamud!
Section 7 (69-83)
69. Walaqad jaat rusuluna ibraheema bi
lbushra qaloo salaman qala salamun fama
labitha an jaa biAAijlin haneeth
69. There came Our messengers to Abraham with glad tidings. They said, "Peace!" He
answered, "Peace!" and hastened to entertain them with a roasted calf.
70. Falamma raa aydiyahum la tasilu ilayhi nakirahum waawjasa minhum kheefatan
qaloo la takhaf inna orsilna ila qawmi loot
70. But when he saw their hands went not towards the (meal), he felt some mistrust of
them, and conceived a fear of them. They said: "Fear not: We have been sent against the
people of Lut."www.islamicbulletin.com