112. Wadaraba Allahu mathalan qaryatan kanat aminatan mutma-innatan ya/teeha
rizquha raghadan min kulli makanin fakafarat bi-anAAumi Allahi faathaqaha Allahu
libasa aljooAAi wa
lkhawfi bima kanoo yasnaAAoon
112. Allah sets forth a Parable: a city enjoying security and quiet, abundantly supplied
with sustenance from every place: Yet was it ungrateful for the favours of Allah. so Allah
made it taste of hunger and terror (in extremes) (closing in on it) like a garment (from
every side), because of the (evil) which (its people) wrought.
113. Walaqad jaahum rasoolun minhum fakaththaboohu faakhathahumu alAAathabu
113. And there came to them an Messenger from among themselves, but they falsely
rejected him; so the Wrath seized them even in the midst of their iniquities.
114. Fakuloo mimma razaqakumu Allahu halalan tayyiban wa
shkuroo niAAmata Allahi
in kuntum iyyahu taAAbudoon