42. Qul man yaklaokum bi
nnahari mina a
rrahmani bal hum AAan thikri
42. Say: "Who can keep you safe by night and by day from (the Wrath of) ((Allah)) Most
Gracious?" Yet they turn away from the mention of their Lord.
43. Am lahum alihatun tamnaAAuhum min doonina la yastateeAAoona nasra anfusihim
wala hum minna yushaboon
43. Or have they gods that can guard them from Us? They have no power to aid
themselves, nor can they be defended from Us.
44. Bal mattaAAna haola-i waabaahum hatta tala AAalayhimu alAAumuru afala yarawna
anna na/tee al-arda nanqusuha min atrafiha afahumu alghaliboon
44. Nay, We gave the good things of this life to these men and their fathers until the
period grew long for them; See they not that We gradually reduce the land (in their
control) from its outlying borders? Is it then they who will win?www.islamicbulletin.com